Re: [NTLK] NCU success! now what...

From: Roland Roberts (roland_at_astrofoto.org)
Date: Wed Jan 11 2006 - 06:50:32 PST

Well, I declared success somewhat prematurely it seems :-(

I can at least reliably *connect* at this point, and I have a good
backup. But I erased the card on my *second* MP2100 to test a restore
scenario (my primary MP2100 is safe and sound, thank you very much).

I restore only the card backup, and it appears to do all the soups just
fine, but then when it gets to doing the packages, it just stalls and
eventually times out.

Many of the packages are frozen, so my next attempt will be to unfreeze
them and do a new backup with them unfrozen than see if I can restore
to the second Newton.

However, I'm wondering if anyone has any tips on what might cause it to
stall on the packages. It doen't appear to be getting *any* of them,
but it's likely the first on it hits is frozen (but maybe I'm barking up
the wrong tree there). I have the network utilities open while I do
this and I can see the packet rate just plummet except for what appears
to be a periodic attempt to get a response.

regards,

roland

--
                       PGP Key ID: 66 BC 3B CD
roland_at_rlenter.com                            6818 Madeline Court