Re: [NTLK] eMate Touch Screen

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Wed Jan 11 2006 - 17:47:27 PST

> I purchased a non working eMate. On checking it out I discovered that
the
> system would start up and the backlight worked, however the touch
screen would
> not respond to the pen. I replace the screen with one from another
parts eMate
> with the same results.

Most likely the reason for this isn't the screen, but the display
cable's
being punched by a hinge spring that ran amok. See

    http://www.pda-soft.de/emate_disassemble.html

for details. You could buy a new cable (albeit a tad expensive), a
review is
in the hardware section of my site. I might be able to
fix your cable (about 4 out of 5 can be fixed), which would set you
back less than half the cost of a new cable.
Be aware, though, that replacing the cable without taking care of the
hinge
spring problem wouldn't make sense. The replacement would be dead as
soon as
you open the eMate the next time.

Frank