Re: [NTLK] NewtSync Address Book categories

From: Giulio Marchi (emfdb_at_tiscali.it)
Date: Fri Jan 13 2006 - 14:08:26 PST

Il giorno 13/gen/06, alle 05:40, Flemming Sorvin ha scritto:

> I think you've hit on something very interesting here... using IC/VC
> for syncing.
As I wrote and if I am not wrong, with IC/VC you would have in most
cases a "one-way update" more than a real synchronization.

> Could this be made to work for Calendars too?
Never done but that's what the application is supposed to do. From the
IC/VC page:
"IC/VC is an iCalendar/vCard import/export utility for the Newton. It
plugs into the regular application framework and allows sending of
items from the Names and Dates application in iCalendar or vCard format
as well as importing data from the Inbox application. It can also be
used to put away packages from the Inbox which have been downloaded via
Nitro or NHttpLib."

> But can you go back the other way, from Newton to the hub, either your
> PC or a ics server? Is there anything that can export all you calendar
> entries to iCal format using IC/VC?
Yes: ... IC/VC. Maybe I didn't get the question.
Still NewtSync works fine in synchronizing Dates and iCal apart some
known issue on repeating activities and others I do not recall.

> In dates, it seems to be easy, just tap "select all" and use the
> routing button to send via the transport of your wish. Except when I
> tested it, sending via mailV, I got plain text on the other end, not a
> .vcs .
Probably I never tried IC/VC for dates. Anyway with IC/VC installed,
you can select a "iCalendar" format under "format" when routing the
dates you selected.
... do you have a "select all" in the default Dates? or did you mean
Names?

Never needed (and used) OBEX and nBlog.

Not that much still I hope it helps.

Giulio