[NTLK] What can I freeze? What can I store on external? Newbie questions...

From: Geoffery Forest (geoffreyforest_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Jan 23 2006 - 19:49:26 PST

I've had my newton less than a week but I feel like I've learned so
much...I've been able to install packages, learn how to use some of them,
install a wifi card (wavelan bronze turbo...it really works) and try out
some web browsers, and countless other things.
I just need some basic info that I haven't found yet:
I've installed freeze utilities...what shouldn't I freeze?
Can I freeze things in the extensions folder or should i just leave those
alone?
I've got an 8mb card...what shouldn't I put on there?
Can I put extensions there? Will they work?
How can I see how much heap I'm using? I've got ari's backdrop and there's a
number in the top next to a little chip...is that heap?
I have an MP2000, how can I tell how much DRAM I have? I think it might be
upgraded because the internal memory is really close to 4000 KB, is that the
DRAM?
Its things like these that drive me nuts because I don't really know where
to look for the answers and they're probably really simple...so thanks for
bearing with me here...and thanks for the help.
-Geoff

PS...the one thing I haven't been able to do is name the dern thing. My
grandpa was an old-school, kinda-out-of-date engineer that kept up with
modern technology fairly well (cell phones, vcr's, computers, etc), and his
name was Urban. I think that personality fits the newton pretty well. It
might have to be Little Urb.