Re: [NTLK] [FS] SER-001 redux (possibly...)

From: PCBman (deepthought_at_ix.netcom.com)
Date: Tue Jan 24 2006 - 11:38:26 PST

-----Original Message-----

The SER-001 board fits internally in the MP2x00 series and provides an alternate method of connecting to the serial port WITHOUT using the clunky dongle. It provides a mini-din connector that sits in the cutout that was originally meant for an internal modem. It hides beneath the port door when not in use. A good deal of mac peripherals use this kind of connector so it is very convienient to be able to plug them directly in.

It doesn't add another serial port but augments and extends the existing one.

It's a testament to it's unique design that other parties have chosen to copy it. (Actually, an earlier revision). Remember, a genuine SER-001 has my logo, PCBman, on it. Accept no substitute.

Regards,

PCBman