[NTLK] Newton on Zaurus 5600

From: Russell,Allen (Allen.Russell_at_boc.com)
Date: Tue Jan 31 2006 - 06:46:20 PST

Greg,
You would flash your ROM using OpenZaurus ("OZ") with the GPE interface.
GPE is the X-windows version of OZ (Opie interface is the default, but it's
not X-windows). You would download the 5600 version of the flash ROM files,
code-named "poodle". See:
www.openzaurus.org

I flashed my Zaurus 5500 to OZ/GPE and the interface looks good. It even
has write-anywhere rosetta. But I'm stuck at figuring out how to dump my
Newton ROM. I don't have a Macintosh. Paul hints in his instructions that
it can be done from Linux, but I'm a novice at Linux and don't know where to
start.

Allen

------------------------------
>Subject: [NTLK] Newton on Zaurus 5600
>Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 08:47:50 -0600
>From: "Goodwin, Greg P." <GoodwinG_at_aafes.com>
>Heard about the Einstein emulator. Managed to get it working on a G4 Mac
and now would like to try my hand at getting it working on a 5600 Zaurus.
>First off, what is the X server on the Zaurus? (this Zaurus is already
configured for Linux). What are some good links to find the neccessarily
applications to make this work?

    Thanks!

The information contained in this email and any attachments may be confidential and is provided solely for the use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, distribution, or use of this e-mail, its attachments or any information contained therein is unauthorised and prohibited. If you have received this in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete this e-mail and any attachments.

No responsibility is accepted for any virus or defect that might arise from opening this e-mail or attachments, whether or not it has been checked by anti-virus software.