Re: [NTLK] ipod interface

From: Daniel Padilla (dproldan_at_telefonica.net)
Date: Tue Jan 31 2006 - 09:13:49 PST

> Sorry, but I don't understand the aim of melding an ipod into a
> newton. What shall this give? And what should an ipod talk via serial
> to a Newton?

    Usually, this is the kind of things you do just because you can, but
in this particular case, I really see some potential in controlling your
iPod wirelessly (infrared), or in the worst case, have a list of your
music collection in your Newton.
   It can be useful for searching for music when you don't have an iTunes
capable computer nearby, and the iPod interface isn't that fast when you
need to go to a specific song.

http://dev.newtontalk.net/~dpadilla/progs/newtTunes/newtTunes.htm

    Not much, I know, but it's funny, and there's no other PDA that can
do it, AFAIK.

Daniel