[NTLK] [OT] [FreeStuff] Mac and Printer* in Toronto Area

From: Victor Rehorst <victor_at_newtontalk.net>
Date: Tue Jul 04 2006 - 15:08:07 EDT

Hey folks,

I have the following stuff that I don't need anymore. If any of you are in
or will be in the Greater Toronto Area and want to pick it up, it's yours
FREE. If I get no bites in the next few days I'll be moving it on up to
craigslist.

Mail me off-list if you're interested.

Apple PowerMac 6100/66 - worked fine last time I booted it up
- has 1MB L2 cache upgrade
- has 350MB internal disk
- has 3.5" disk drive of course
- has some RAM... 32 or 64MB I believe
- has Mac OS 8.1 installed and some software, I don't remember what. At
least Toast 3.5.3 and NCU, NTK, maybe even the Newton C++ Tools.

Comes with:
- HDI-45 to Mac Video adapter
- Mac Video to VGA adapter (Sony MacView I believe, w/ instructions)
- extended keyboard, mouse, and necessary ADB cables
- AAUI to 10baseT adapter for networking
- Panasonic CW-7502 8x read 4x write SCSI CD-R drive in external enclosure
- any and all necessary SCSI or power cables you need

In essence, it would make a great Classic environment for Newton development
or whatever else you want to use it for. I should test it out soon.

Apple Personal LaserWriter NTR*
- this was my personal printer for years up until a few days ago, when the
scanner laser went out of alignment. Now it will print but the output is
"wavy". Given another NTR with a good laser, you could have one working
printer.
- I have PDFs of the Apple maintenance manual for this printer, if you were
to endeavour to fix it.
- Printer's specs are: 3MB RAM, 4 pages per minute B&W at 300 DPI, uses HP
92275A toner (same as LaserJet IIp), has printed 91,000 pages in its
lifetime. Had the rollers replaced at ~70,000 pages (when I acquired it).
- LocalTalk (miniDIN-8), Parallel (DB-25), and Serial (DB-9) ports. I used
it for years with a Linux print server.

--
Victor Rehorst - victor@newtontalk.net - chuma@chuma.org