Re: [NTLK] Problems with dialup connection

From: Betty <bettyy_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Wed Jul 12 2006 - 21:41:42 EDT

Hi Jim,

According to the knology website, you don't need to enter the server address, domain name or a logon script. So, are you sure that your user name and password are correct? Sometimes an extra space gets in there and you don't notice. Do you have a computer than can successfully dialup so that you can get the information from that? I'm on earthlink and when I first set up my dialup, they told me to enter my user name without the domain (that would be bettyy for me). That didn't work. I notice that the current instructions are to enter the entire email address. I happen to know that won't work either. From very ancient times, I happen to know that people like me (signed up before earthlink bought everyone) we have to preface our username with ELN/.

Hope this was helpful.

Betty
bettyy at earthlink dot net