Re: [NTLK] Problems with dialup connection

From: Betty <bettyy_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Thu Jul 13 2006 - 00:00:43 EDT

Hi Jim,

The earthlink techs don't know about the ELN thing either. I think it's some sort of remnant thing in their system. Many years ago a friend of mine signed up for Earthlink and we went through setup with a tech and couldn't get it to work. I was already a member and was using the ELN preface so I tried it for my friend. It worked. However, I'm sure that this is just an earthlink problem.

I've always found it easier to troubleshoot these things on my computer. So, my suggestion would be to get a successful hookup on your computer then figure out how to convert those settings to your Newton.

Sorry, this is the best I can do since I don't have an account with knology to test all of this.

Betty
bettyy at earthlink dot net