Re: [NTLK] Blasted if I haven't cracked my back case!

From: Frank Gruendel <newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de>
Date: Sun Jul 16 2006 - 17:51:56 EDT

> You don't necessarily need to file anything, unless there is some
> interference in your installation. It's a case by case thing.

This is correct. But since you can't be sure which way the tolerances
in your case add up, it's advisable to file anyway. I describe how to
do this here:

http://www.1234zzzz.com/pub/SER-001-FIX.jpg

Recently there was a comment from PCBman about this issue posted here.

Quote:

The solution therefore is to remove the bottom shroud thus eliminating
the interference and removing the tendency to protrude upwards and cause
case bulge. The shoud is easily removed by bending away from the
connector and working back and forth until it breaks off.

Unquote.

I haven't looked into this yet because I'm lacking the time at the
moment
and because in the 45 seconds I spent on this I didn't find out what
exactly
a shroud is in this context.

Cheers

Frank