Re: [NTLK] Seeking 1 or 2MB Newton memory cards

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Fri Jul 21 2006 - 15:45:01 EDT

On 7/21/06, Dan <dan@dbdigitalweb.com> wrote:
> Of
> course all apple cards will but they are somewhat hard to come by in
> comparison to other cards.

Actually, my point in bringing up my questions/concerns is that I'm
sitting here with a 1 (s)meggie card right here in my hand, which is
not being used for anything. It's the Apple-brand 1mb Red and black
card, dating from 1993, believe it or not....

However, I didn't want to go through the effort, and get someone's
hopes up if it wasn't going to work for him. However, if he _can_ do
backups of less than the full monty, and he is willing to risk this
card, I can send it to him. So, Chris, you up to it? From all I've
read, it should work, however, that voltage issue could bite you, so
it's good to be clear if this older 1 mb card will actually work in
your eMate. And I'll need to wipe it to see that it's still good first
(and to clear off the last backup, now that it may be going)

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland