[NTLK] My two cents

From: Thomas Bockhorn <historian.thomas_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun Jul 30 2006 - 23:49:35 EDT

I understand the reasoning behind the anti-complacency measure. But
if implemented, people like myself who lack Newton knowledge will
have no way of obtaining resources to keep my future newton going.
(I am still waiting for mine that I purchased from ebay)
One other part of the two cents is that simplicity is the best way to
keep organizations going. I found that if any group decides to make
restrictions and limitations on new members and cause current members
more time, the measure will either stop or kill the group. If you
want to create some excitement, create challenges for programmers who
are members of this list for our newtons.

It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the
strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done
better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena,
whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives
valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there
is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great
enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy
cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high
achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails
while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those
cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat.

Thomas Bockhorn
historian.thomas@gmail.com