Re: [NTLK] What the Newton "essence" is? - WAS: "Upgrading NIE" (the Newton is nearly dead)

From: L.W. Brown <lwb_at_mac.com>
Date: Sun Jun 04 2006 - 12:12:34 EDT

Cross-fertilization please! How do we bring in new, open-source,
previously non-Newt developers? ("New-Newts"?) How about using Newts
with folks just learning to program?

On 4. Jun, 2006, at 11:51, Xenon Soft wrote:

...MSX? Now we have a
TCP/IP complete suite (Called Internestor Lite or
INL), so we can connect to Internet: Special MSX BBS,
http get, Irc client, there is a project (pre-alpha
but working) of a lynx-like web broser, ftp clients,
web server... Also, we can use Ethernet cards like the
Obsonet (now part of Dumas Project which is a cart
with ethernet + 512 KB ram + USB, yes, USB working
perfectly on MSX, and it's working as I saw some
months ago in a MSX users meeting). Now also we have a
great multitasking, graphical and multimachine
operating system called SymbOS, which is 1.0 stable
version in Amstrad CPC and 2nd alpha on MSX. We have
also IDE, SCSI, Compact Flash, MMC reader, etc...