Re: [NTLK] Removing a package

From: Dan <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com>
Date: Mon Jun 05 2006 - 13:09:57 EDT

On 6/5/2006 2:45 AM, Karl Miller wrote:
> Good evening!
>
> I am having a blast with my Newt and I installed
> Newt95_.pkg to make it mimick a Win95 computer: a fine
> time was had by all! But, now it's time to remove it,
> and I cannot find it in the Extras menu and I have no
> idea how to remove it. Please help.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Karl.

Hmm, I have not tried that particular package, but I have heard of it.
It should be in your extras though. Check to make sure that you have
all folders showing and all stores. It is easy to forget you are
viewing only a particular store (internal, or one of two cards) rather
than viewing everything. Or viewing a particular folder (games,
utilities, storage etc) rather than all. If you are indeed have all
these settings right. Then I suggest restart your Newt and see if you
spot it then. If you still can't then restart and hold the pen about
1/3rd down on the left side edge of the screen while it is restarting.
Eventually you will get a box "do you want to enable packages" say no
then pull up extras and see if you can spot the Newt95 package.

-Dan