Re: [NTLK] Cheap Einstein Platform?

From: Victor Rehorst <victor_at_newtontalk.net>
Date: Thu Jun 08 2006 - 09:25:23 EDT

Andrew Diller wrote:
> Um, Einstein seems to be _only_ running on Unix platforms (Pepper,
> Zaurus, 770, Linux x86, Mac) so I don't think the Palm is _anywere_
> even remotely close to being supported. So just 'forgedaboutid'

Pepper Pad 3 is due to be out later this year. I already proved that it can
run Einstein.

It's sporting a smaller form factor and a smaller screen (800x480), and an
AMD Geode CPU (x86 instruction set) and Linux based off of Fedora Core 4.

By all accounts the Geode runs rings around the XScale-based Pad 2 that I
have at home, while running at a 20% lower clock speed and having better 2D
and 3D graphics support out of the box. Oh, and 2 USB 2.0 ports, a 30GB
disk, Bluetooth 2.0, and 802.11g Wi-Fi.

More information

http://www.carrypad.com/journal/2006/06/amd-pepperpad-info-from-hanbit.html

http://www.pepper.com/forums/showthread.php?p=855#post855

(No I'm not affiliated with Pepper, I just like their product)

--
Victor Rehorst - victor@newtontalk.net - chuma@chuma.org