Re: [NTLK] Newton && Mac Mini: how?

From: Laurent Daudelin <Laurent_Daudelin_at_fanniemae.com>
Date: Mon Jun 12 2006 - 16:59:35 EDT

On 12/06/06 06:17, "Denis A. Yurashkou" <dayfuaim@msx.ru> wrote:

> Hello community!
>
> I have Newton MP2100 and not long time ago I bought Mac Mini G4 1.4GHz.
> Naturally I am interested to link 'em together.
>
> But how can I do this?
>
> I have Newton-to-PC serial cable and nothing more.

You will need a serial to USB adapter, like the Belkin's one. Then, I would
suggest you get a compatible Ethernet card. Check
<http://www.chuma.org/newton/ethernet/index.shtml> for a compatible card.
Then, you would connect from your Mac Mini to your 2100 through Ethernet.

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin                 Developer, Multifamily, ESO, Fannie Mae
mailto:Laurent_Daudelin@fanniemae.com                Washington, DC, USA