Re: [NTLK] Bootstrapped! D'oh!

From: Adam Goddard <pashosh_at_tpg.com.au>
Date: Thu Mar 02 2006 - 06:34:29 EST

Current can vary. The Newton 9W adapter can source *up to* 1.2A at
7.5V. Using an app like BattTrax you will see that it will charge on
fast charge mode anywhere from 800mA-1190mA, or there abouts, and will
trickle charge when done at just a few mA. All charging regulation and
peak detection(neg-delta-V) is done by the Newton circuitry itself. I
think anything above 1400mA or so and you get the "too much power"
message. If the PSU can't supply 7.5V constantly on full load and any
load in between, it ain't good for the job. The smaller PSU's that came
with early Newtons could only source a few hundred milliamps. With
people recelling their MP2x00 batteries with 2000+mAh cells, you'd want
to have the 1.2A PSU to get a good, strong, and relatively quick
charge.

Regards,
   - Adam Goddard