Re: [NTLK] Newtsync Failure on Names/Address Book

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Mon Mar 06 2006 - 04:04:55 EST

On 3/5/06, Bernie Goltermann <bagoltermann@yahoo.com> wrote:

> "I think I used NCU in Classic to export it into Now, and from Now, used
> their Address Book Sync to move
> everything into the Address Book."
>
> I been lurking on and off for a good 6+ years. My half hearted attempts
> to get my Newtons addresses over
> to my Mac running Panther or Tiger have all failed. (I know they should
> be full hearted attemps!)
> The above comment caught my attention. Can anyone point me to info on
> how to do this step by step?

I don't know about a step-by-step plan, but what I described should be
enough, I would think. Everybody's setup is a bit different, and it would
take some trial and error in any case. The main thing, however, is to use
NCU, if you can, to export your Newton names. Do you want to sync? or just
get them onto your computer?

 To be honest I've started using a Palm Life Drive more but still long for
> the easy handwriting recognition of my Newt.
>
> Bernie

> Yahoo! Mail
>
> --
> http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/