Re: [NTLK] Newton Development Contest

From: Paul Curtis <MicroSSG_at_Comcast.net>
Date: Mon Mar 06 2006 - 13:24:49 EST

God to have you back, PCB Man...

Best Regards,

Paul Curtis
Certified Mortgage Planner
Allied Home Mortgage

(517) 775-6666 Cell (Voice Mail)
(517) 579-0849 Home Facsimile
(517) 327-4200 Office
(517) 327-4300 Office Facsimile
www.BBCGroupMI.net Advanced Online Application
www.HomeSweetHomeLoan.com Online Application

-----Original Message-----
From: newtontalk-bounce@newtontalk.net
[mailto:newtontalk-bounce@newtontalk.net] On Behalf Of PCBman
Sent: Monday, March 06, 2006 11:14 AM
To: newtontalk@newtontalk.net
Subject: Re: [NTLK] Newton Development Contest

-----Original Message-----

Newton development.

(Loose translation)

*****I want to make some money using your ideas.

I have not decided all the details but my initial idea would be to have a
monetary prize awarded to the most ingenuitively designed Newton accessory.

*****You mean the SER-001 or EM300? I await your payment. Paypal will do
nicely...

Not only would there be a cash prize but I would also manufacture the item
so that the 'concept' could be realized and provided to the Newton
community.

*****I REALLY want to make money using your ideas!

The purpose of this post is to help me with what the Newton community is
looking for. What direction should the competition take? Should the
development be hardware or software based? Both?

*****The purpose of this post is little more than a thinly-veiled marketing
ploy.

 What do you list members think would be adequate compensation for such a
competition?

*****Zero. Your "competition" is worth as much as your reputation.

Currently I am running a competition to design a logo for my website
(www.new********.com/contest.htm),

*****(plug, plug)

there have been several entries but the participation is not exactly what I
had anticipated considering the generous prizes that are available.

*****Right, it is not about the "generous prizes" but more to do with the
onerous prize-giver.

 I would like to ensure that there is sufficient interest in the contest
before running one.

(loose translation)

*****I want to make sure that I get a handsome return and not have to dig
into the profits I made from you all with all my other "ventures".

>I would prefer if comments were emailed directly to me however banter on
the list may promote more in-depth thinking on the subject and spur some
good ideas.

*****And advertise your website...

 Any comments would be appreciated. With our hard work the community will
flourish and continue to grow.

*****Our hard work! OUR HARD WORK!! You have done NOTHING for this
community. Do not presume to include yourself among the ranks of those
people that actually DO produce.

You sit on the shirt-tails of anyone who has a bright idea and seek to
profit from it.

I cannot stop people from dealing with you. It is a free society. But I will
not sit back and let you spout your biased marketing drivel without a
balancing view.

People, if you are thinking of dealing with the fool known as
KnowledgeNavigator, I urge you to step back and look at all the facts first
of all. Check out the archives of this site.

Is this enough banter for you KN?

Regards,

PCBman

Official Newton FAQ: http://www.chuma.org/newton/faq/ WikiWikiNewt for all