[NTLK] ATA Cards

From: joshua james <doomsdaygap_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed Mar 08 2006 - 02:32:35 EST

>For me it's a 1 GB CF SanDisk Ultra II at the moment. A 256 MB CF card
>of the same maker felt even a little snappier in terms of system
responsiveness,
>yet the writing performance of the Ultra II is definitely better and it
gives you
>more room of course (I use both with four partitions, one 4 MB, three max).
Marcus, is there a reason for formatting the cards into chunks instead of
one large partition? Does the Newt see a card with, say, 4 partitions as 4
cards? Also, have you ever noticed the ATA storage being any less reliable
data integrity wise than the internal memory or a linear flash card? Thanks.