[NTLK] internet via irda over gprs

From: Marco Ippoliti <ippoliti_at_t-email.cz>
Date: Mon Mar 13 2006 - 03:28:10 EST

Hi,

I apologize for getting back with a matter already discussed several times,
but I cannot find a solution and maybe meantime somebody could have achieved
what I looking for.

I am trying to establish an internet connection from my mp2100 via irda over
gprs using my nokia 7650.

I've installed all the relevant modules from 40hz site and so far I could
establish a successful exchange of local information only involving the irda
part.

When I try to access the internet (simplemail or a browser) the ppp driver
fires ups and starts sending the login script but I only see garbage in reply
(with the trace activated) and then abrutly closes the connection.

If I try to use a terminal emulation for exercising the connection, depending
on which modem setting I use, I can get a buffer overflow run or recurring
sends of strings with partial garbage and a "nokia 7650" clear string in
them.

Has anybody better succeded then me?

Thank you for any help,

Marco