Re: [NTLK] eMate

From: Ralph Glatt <julian814_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri Mar 17 2006 - 16:17:28 EST

>From: Vic Mabus <vmabus@gmail.com>
>To: newtontalk@newtontalk.net
>Subject: [NTLK] eMate
>Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 12:56:18 -0700
>
>Hi, all -
> I purchased a lovely 300 eMate, got a new battery pack from
>Interstate Battery, and in the process of switching, saw an empty slot
>underneath, that looks like it would take laptop memory. Can anyone
>offer instruction as to the use of this?

What you need to fill the slot inside the eMate can be found here:

http://www.geocities.com/newtonwares/emate.htm

It'll probably cost you at least twice what you paid for the eMate, but it's
worth it.

There's also a slot on the side that you can use to increase the memory. It
takes linear flash memory, though, which is pretty pricey. I think Paul
Guyot has software that would allow you to use memory cards that have more
memory and are less expensive. Can't remember the name of the type of flash
they are, though. ATA? I'm sure someone else can tell you more.

Ralph Glatt