Re: [NTLK] Newton Books in Mozilla

From: William Pociengel <hseldon_at_my.wgu.edu>
Date: Sun Mar 19 2006 - 23:02:02 EST

Woody Smith wrote:
> I changed the Subject line and am putting this out to the group again
> because since Greg first mentioned it in January, there has been
> almost no comment. And i see this as am important contribution.
> The only device that I have that runs Mozilla is my desktop computer
> and to be honest i don't find the converted books to be particularly
> readable, however the text can be cut and pasted. This has allowed
> me to extract the text from a compiled Newton Book and reformat it to
> fit my Newton's display and to accommodate my visual needs. Thank
> you Eric.
>
> In the past I used NewtsCape by Steve Weyer to save the book as a
> Newtworks paper and reformatted it. This is slow and has twice
> contributed to causing flash cards to fail, probably because the
> files are huge.
>
> Has anyone tried this extension on a hand held device like the Nokia
> 770?
>
> Woody
>

> On Mar 10, 2006, at 8:48 AM, Eric W. Brown wrote:
>>> A Mozilla extension that reads Newton Books...
>>>
>>> http://www.newtonslibrary.org/nbrdr/
>>
>> I found out about NewtonTalk right around the time we were releasing

I've dl;d it but haven't had the time to try it out. end of the semester
coming up FAST!!!!!!!!!! big test 2 papers and 2 presentations.
g o i n g - t o - d i e - i f - m y -
b r a i n - d o e s n ' t - e x p l o d e
argh!
thud

william

--
?special knowledge can be a terrible disadvantage if it leads you too
far along a path that you cannot explain anymore.