Re: [NTLK] Disconnecting from 802.11

From: Tyler Nichols <smilr_at_mac.com>
Date: Wed Mar 22 2006 - 14:09:13 EST

Yes, this on and off method is normal for courier.
There is however, on the latest version (well, I have it on v1.1 at least) of courier a new button on the button bar, at the far right. The symbol on it looks like a tiny diamond, a period, and then a vertical bar. When you tap it you get a single command option "start browsing" tap that and your newton will fire up the network interface and keep it open until you tap this button again and select "stop browsing".

In this way you can avoid the time cost of starting and stopping the wireless network connection, at the cost of eating up batteries rather quickly. I personally only use it when I'm plugged into the newton power supply, or if my batteries are fresh and I wish to risk running them down.

By the way, can anyone explain why the image on this icon is a diamond, period, and vertical bar?

Tyler