Re: [NTLK] Am I Correct?

From: James Fraser <fast_fierce_and_funny_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu Mar 23 2006 - 10:55:02 EST

Hello,

>The eMates are not in good condition as students have used them for
>years, and in some schools they are still being used.

Well, who knows: they might still be good for spare parts. [shrugs]

From what I can tell, there's more than one person who enjoys (endures?)
taking eMates apart. If the units you have access to are functional, but a
bit grimy, these same folks may well be willing to take them off your hands
for the right price. Everyone's definition of the "right" price is
different, though...

Of course, this would require your looking them over carefully and then
describing just what it is you have. Only you can decide if you're up to
doing this, since taking money for things also entails taking on
responsibilities. If these units are otherwise sitting idle, though, it
would be nice if /someone/ could put them to use: a CPU is a terrible thing
to waste.

>but i took apart my 2000 tonight and cleaned the terminals for the
>battery and cleaned up the screen and everything works ALOT better now

Well there you are: *everyone* loves a happy ending...

Best,

James Fraser