Re: [NTLK] Newt Boots!

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Mon Mar 27 2006 - 12:00:35 EST

On 3/27/06, Matthew Surles <minimicrite@gmail.com> wrote:
> It's a little thicker than I expected (it's 4" thick),

Man, if only it weren't so FAT! 4" is a lot!

Personally, while we are on the subject of cases, I'm partial to the
RipOff holster that came with my last Newton from Paul Zenk. After I
left my previous one on top of my car, the Rip Off's belt clip has
been my best friend. ;-) No more leaving it on the car, or anywhere,
for that matter. It does feel like I'm packing heat, but it really
does work, and I can whip it out quite quickly. (It's not
play-through. You have to pull the Newt out of the case to use it)

Unfortunately, however, that belt clip seems to have been the bane of
my poor Newton. I was climbing into my car one night, and it got
tangled on the seat belt, with the end result being a hopelessly
cracked screen. :-( However, I still prefer this case to all the
others I've used (the Calise, a play-through with a top-flipping
cover--made in China, and no name, the Apple case like the Calise, and
one more that I forget, but which was quite dull). I've always wanted
a Newton briefcase, but now, I don't think I would want that... The
Rip Off is just fine for me. :-)

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland