Re: [NTLK] Modem to Modem connection method

From: matt <matthew67_at_valuelinx.net>
Date: Thu Mar 30 2006 - 02:37:11 EST

Jon Glass wrote:

> On 3/29/06, June Tate <june@theonelab.com> wrote:
> > Since my modems don't support dry wires, I'm just going to build a
> > serial cable and stop mucking around with modems. =op
>
> June-
>
> would it work to plug a y-jack into one of them (RJ11) and plug the
> empty plug of the Y-jack into a live phone line? Would that be

I got around that problem by telling them newton to ignore dial tone, and on
the pc side turned off all data correction, and ignore dial tone. then when
you tell the newton to dial it just dials as of there isnt even any line
connected, now right as it stops dialing its sending a signal . the line now
has a feed, manually answer from the pc side. the pc will see a signal . I
know its a bit unorthadox but it works. I have hooked up to macs this way.
nelson