[NTLK] big newton books

From: edward mccaughan <madscientist_at_macunlimited.net>
Date: Fri May 05 2006 - 20:01:40 EDT

howdy, I've been putting together some newton books and have been having
a bit of trouble getting them actually onto the newton.

does the newton normally have problems with big packages?

When I transfer them I either get an out of memory error (usually
curable by restarting and trying again) or a ridiculously helpful "item
could not be put away".

I think that last one may be because the internal store doesn't have
enough room on it. does anyone know how to make InOut put items away to
a card?

bearing in mind these files end up as 1mb odd newtonbooks, so its not
surprising it chokes on them. Does anyone have any advice for dealing
with big books? (I find splitting them up into 3 helps a bit, but is a
little fugly)

oh, and for details sake, this is over bluetooth with blunt and ic/vc etc.

now I've got to go find out whats taking up 3.5mb of the internal store
when there only seems to be about 2mb of packages...

Thanks

Edward