Re: [NTLK] Why I don't buy from Knowledge Navigator (Example #3)

From: RAParker <quadzillanet_at_newted.org>
Date: Sat May 06 2006 - 13:39:24 EDT

On May 5, 2006, at 1:19 PM, Paul Curtis wrote:

> I believe KN is in Canada eh.

mmmm....valid point. I can understand that shipping from Canada may be
more costly. Unfortunately, for him, that simply means that he must be
more competitive and forthright. If KN is interested in selling his
stuff, I would recommend that he does a whole re-approach to his
selling tactics on eBay.

1) Clear up any ambiguity within his auctions (What did he say?
Exactly!)
2) Offering multiple (honest) shipping methods
3) Price Check on Isle 5 please!

> So what would the variance be there for
> covering the States for shipping?
> I looked it up for Lansing, MI to
> Vancouver, BC it's $16.00 US and the delivery timeframe is 4-6 weeks...
> For
> 3-4 day service it's $34. So there might be some validity to this...

USPS Global Priority, from U.S. to anywhere in the world, only costs me
$14 with an ETA of 2-3 days. This includes a free "America" themed
shipping container.

I think what bugs me most about KN is that he is always asking twice
what I'm willing to pay, for anything he has to offer. Am I cheap or is
he greedy? Probably both. But, I've been an eBay member since 1998.
I've been both buyer and seller, small items and high ticket items as
well. With over 90 positive feedbacks (zero negatives), I might have
something valuable to pass on to the "Knowledge Navigator."

Best regards,

Ron

--
Sent using Mail for Mac OS X. Cyberdog lives!
--
    |\ | @ Quadzilla.NET
--
 From the "Who says, 'Size Doesn't Matter'" file:
   Ever notice, when someone comments on your Newton PDA,