Re: [NTLK] strange thing in july 2009?

From: Dan <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com>
Date: Sat May 06 2006 - 19:56:00 EDT

On 5/6/2006 4:51 PM, simon wrote:
> hello all,

> what happens? am i the only one with this problem, or are we doomed in
> summer 2009?

Yes there is a known bug after a certain date that causes the Newt to go
bizerk. I thought it was mealier than 2009 though. It has even been
said that after this date it is possible that your Newt won't come back
from this even after a brain wipe. If I remember correctly it won't
make a difference if the Newt has any sort of date reminders or not.

But there is hope. There is a patch available, but I am not sure how
well it has been tested (as many are reluctant to try due to the fact it
is possible to kill a Newt).

Again this is all if I remember correctly....but I am sure if i am wrong
someone will mention it. ;)

-Dan