[NTLK] Bootstrap?

From: Noah Leon <moosefuel_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu May 11 2006 - 15:41:18 EDT

Once again I have to bring up the old bootstrap problem.

First of all, I'm trying to do modem-to-modem, get my ethernet drivers from
my PB to my Newt, and then forget about this whole bootstrapping mess.

So I connect my two modems.

On the wiki (http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/MODEMtoMODEM) I
read: "Your modem software will need to be able to allow you to manualy
answer."

Now I have to ask myself, how the heck do I do that? I tried using Zterm in
OS9 and typing AT, and a few other things, but NCU won't open properly when
it thinks the modem is in use. I tried picking up the modem, quitting zterm
and launching NCU, but still no love.

Why am I in this mess? Tinkering. If something 'aint broke, don't fix it.