Re: [NTLK] Serial board installation

From: James Wages <james_at_kiramek.com>
Date: Mon May 22 2006 - 04:39:57 EDT

Jon,

I don't know about SER001 board revisions. I just know that I bought mine
direct from Dave about two to three years ago. My board shows a "2002"
revision.

J. Nichols,

The key to your success was the removal of that black plastic spacer. I
never removed mine. It's also important to keep in mind that some plastics
have been abused more than others. Some have been exposed to UV light
longer. The more brittle the plastics have become with age, the less
flexible, and the more likely they are to crack if the bulge from the SER001
is too large.

I should have either removed that spacer or filed-down my connector early on
to prevent the crack!

Best,

James Wages