Re: [NTLK] [ANN] iPod accessories are compatible with Newton

From: Adriano <adriano.angelillis_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu May 25 2006 - 21:33:48 EDT

Marcus,

transferred your post in my personal archive and being busy i forgot
to respond,
much sorry for that, please accept my deepest excuses.

On your questions about NewtCast [ http://notwen.com/newtcast/ ]
i can report that MessagePad/eMate's audio line-out is very well
balanced,
and although mp3 sampling rates are a bit low, NOS audio codec
gains much better performance, and VoiceNotes is really recommended.

I am a bit amazed by the good quality on listening to audio-notes or
audio-books
through external speakers, but i just love to hear the Newton's
system sounds
play through my desktop speakers and ear all the room becoming a
Newton dedicated space.

If you would want to buy an amplified headset, i'm sorry i can't be
of much help
cause there are really so many brands available that you could choose
one
at your nearest audio-related shop and it will probably cost less
than on the web.

What about a bluetooth headset instead?
No one ever dreamed it could be possible on a MessagePad!
Just please take a look at this item on eBay: http://tinyurl.com/ra7se

Please let me know what do you think about it,
and sorry again for the delay on responding.

Kind regards,

Adriano

http://notwen.com/