Re: [NTLK] I feel silly asking...

From: Dan <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com>
Date: Sat May 27 2006 - 14:50:20 EDT

On 5/27/2006 2:25 PM, Paul Curtis wrote:
> I think something is up with my SER-001. I can get my keyboard to work just
> fine on my other MP's...
>
> Why o' why didn't they build charging stations for the 2x00????????

Hmm I suppose that is possible. Did you try reseting the newt with the
keyboard plugged in? If that does not workI guess I would try a
reseating. Can you dock with the SER-101?

As for the docking stations, they were in the works I am sure. But the
Newt was Steve'ed before it came out. There was a third party docking
station but it used the same NIC port and hence the same problems that
we see with standard docking. The only fix for this would have been if
Apple came out with the 2200 with the port hardened. Although they
could have come out with something like the SER-001, but I doubt they
would have. Apple would rather have you upgrade. ;)

-Dan