Re: [NTLK] Need help coding for Newton

From: Andrei Chichak <newton_at_chichak.ca>
Date: Tue May 30 2006 - 00:48:49 EDT

At 07:12 AM 5/26/2006, you wrote:
>For the purpose of simplicity, my first app is to be a simple dashboard that
>covers the full viewing area of my 2100. There will be a title bar at the
>top and a status bar that only has the "x" and the battery level. I would
>like to add the volume and contrast sliders as independent floating objects.
>
>How do I get started?

This was done on a windoze box using NTK 1.6.1 but the concept is there:

Fire up NTK
Project - New Project - give it a name
File - New Layout
Project - Settings - Project - Platform - Newton21 - OK
dropdown box with widgets - protoApp - draw a big box on the layout to place it
Layout - Preview
Window - new browser
click on protoapp
click on title slot - replace Application with the title you want
dropdown box with widgets - protoLabeledBatteryGauge - draw a smaller
box on the layout to place it
Project - Add Doc1 - give your layout a name
Project - Build Package
Project - Install Toolkit app
(on the newton, run dock, connect)
Window - Connect Inspector (on the newton run Toolkit and tap Connect
Inspector)
Project - Download Package
(on the newton tap Project1)

Ta da - 0 lines of code.