Re: [NTLK] Help, redux

From: Tony Kan <tonykan_at_xtra.co.nz>
Date: Thu Nov 02 2006 - 23:30:36 EST

Yeah. Its your Newton. The file system on the Newton isn't like what you get
on a PC. Someone with more technical knowledge should chime in but: Data is
stored in databases called soups. Different applications can read and write to
them. So there are no "files" as such. Just entries in databases called soups
with (presumably) some sort of system for keeping track of everything. I think
that there have been murmurings in the Wintel world that this is the type of
storage system that PCs will eventually evolve toward too. The only way I have
been able to organise data on a memory card is through the Newton using the
folder icon on the upper or lower RHS of the window. HTH

Warm regards

Tony Kan

Christchurch
New Zealand
[snip]
But how does one edit/see/modify/delete files on the memory card? Is
there an application, akin to windoze explorer, for seeing and arranging
folders and files on the memory cards?
TIA
[snip]