Re: [NTLK] Sharing Internet connection with a Wifi Mac

From: Steve Hammond <hammond.steve_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat Nov 04 2006 - 17:58:57 EST

Hi,

I made a few research I also remembered reading an article in
Macworld that was talking about sharing Internet and files. The
article, for those interested, is viewable online at this address:

http://www.macworld.com/2005/09/secrets/octmobilemac/index.php?pf=1

In this article they said that Tiger uses Bonjour (alias RendezVous)
to give sharing computers an IP address. As the Newtons to not
understand that protocol, that's maybe the answer on why it is not
working with it.

I do not think it would be possible to implement a Bonjour packages
for the Newton, so static IP address is the way to go I suppose.

Hope this can help some others on the list as well.

Steve