Re: [NTLK] Intermittent WaveLan problem -- please help!

From: Tony Morrow <gizmo1482_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed Nov 08 2006 - 00:32:47 EST

Here is the setup I use for sharing wireless to my newton:

12" PowerBook, Tiger 10.4.8

Network settings:
Airport is set to "Using DHCP"
        all of the fields are blank

Sharing settings:
Personal File Sharing ON
Personal Web Sharing ON
Sharing connection from Built-in Ethernet to Airport
        Airport Options:
                SSID is "Newton"
                Channel is 11
                WEP is turned OFF

With sharing started open up Terminal and type in the command
"ifconfig" without quotes. In all that text there should be something
called "en1". That is your Airport adapter. Within that something
called "inet" should exist with an IP address 10.0.X.X (mine was
10.0.2.1).

With that set up its time to work on the Newton:

Newton MessagePad 2100

Wireless Card Setup:
        Mode "ad-hoc"
        Channel "11"
        SSID "Newton"
        WEP is all empty

Internet Setup:
        Configuration "Manual"
        Subnet Mask "255.255.255.0"
        Local IP Address "10.0.2.2"
        Gateway "10.0.2.1"
        DNS/Name Server Addresses are those listed on my Mac
        Domain "<none>"

I have had successful connections with this setup for over a year. If
you still can't get to websites, try navigating to your Mac and see
if the default Apache web-page loads (http://10.0.2.1).