Re: [NTLK] More random historical thoughts

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Fri Nov 10 2006 - 01:09:27 EST

On 11/10/06, Colin Pate <pate.colin@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know what this utility is called?
> On 11/9/06, Colin Pate <pate.colin@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Speaking of math recognition, isn't there an application that adds that
> > function to Notes?

Catamount software had one, I believe, and it doesn't work in Notes,
but via the Assist. You write your calculation, hilite it, and hit
assist.

Let's see if I can find it. I used to have this on my Newton, but
don't think it's still there. Worse, my external hard drive crashed a
couple weeks ago, taking _all_ my Newton software with it! :-(

Here's one: Assist Calc:
<http://www.catamount.com/NewtonApps/AssistCalc.html>

and Writer's Calc:
<http://www.catamount.com/NewtonApps/WritersCalc.html>

I think the first is programmable. Still cost $10, though. He is still
selling and supporting his software. In fact, he even advertises his
Newton software on Gmail!

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland