Re: [NTLK] WallyMath

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Sat Nov 11 2006 - 02:24:09 EST

On 11/10/06, Adam Ladds <aladds@gmail.com> wrote:
> WOW, that is really cool! just tried it on my 2100 with handwriting,
> i see what it means about div 0 errors not being handled, and it
> doesn't like how i write a forward slash for divide,

Forward slash--the bane of many Newton users. To better guarantee
success with this character, don't write it like you may be
accustomed, writing from top to bottom. Write it from bottom to top.
When I switched to that method of writing the character, my
recognition for it went to essentially 100% (I suppose it may have
been mis-recognized at some point, so I fear to say 100% with no
qualification) I cannot guarantee that your results will be the same,
but if you write your slashes from bottom to top, you _will_ get
better recognition. BTW, I do it on paper now, too. ;-)

Oh, and I got the tip from someone on this list years and years ago,
so, while I cannot credit the person today, I still owe the list for
that hint. ;-)

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland