Re: [NTLK] PDA poll

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Tue Nov 28 2006 - 05:28:34 EST

On 11/28/06, Mark Rollins <mark@mrollins.com> wrote:
> PDA poll
>
> http://www.misterpoll.com/1840052290.html

Boy, there hasn't been a poll mentioned on this list for years!!!
Surprise! A good surprise, though. Well, I made my vote for the
Newton... Tempting though it was to vote for the Tungsten series...
;-D (my current PDA) But let's be honest, the Palm and other modern
PDAs have lots of capabilities, such as multi-media, and other
"modern" things, but their interfaces stink. Grafitti and Grafitti
Anywhere (allowing me to write with Grafitti anywhere on the screen)
are no match for the Newton's HWR, and the OS just doesn't have the
same stylus-friendly approach as the Newton.... and I'm reminded of
that every day... Give me the Newton for usability--besides, were it
not for the Newton, there would be no Palm, now WinCE, no Windows
Mobile, no smart phones.... we would still be using Psions! blech...

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland