Re: [NTLK] hopefully not too [OT] for some...

From: <knowtree_at_aloha.com>
Date: Thu Nov 30 2006 - 14:13:37 EST

> I'm not sure exactly what to make of it, but if I do or do not get
> this job I'm really impressed that He's at the wheel (helm) and I'm to
> trust Him and do my best whatever the outcome..

Sonny --

Despite my having no strong religious beliefs, and if anything a follower
of Shinto (Japanese, not Buddhism), I nonetheless feel moved to comment on
this thread. I am not challenging you, just offering a different viewpoint.
Nothing personal intended, and I wish you all the best.

The odds of success at any particular job interview are low. However many
applicants there are, only one will succeed. For each member of the group,
failure is almost a certainty.

I cannot feel comforted by a God who gets involved with situations like
this. If it is God who decides who gets the job, then it is God who makes
all the others failures. It isn't as though any of the losers sinned, so
what motive does God have for punishing them.

To me, the selection process is performed by a person or group that is
imperfect, often chooses poorly, and completely beyond your control. I can
see praying for the strength to go though the ordeal and to not feel
disappointed when you don't get selected, but the selection process is an
act of man, totally lacking any divinity.

What you *can* do to influence the outcome is make yourself look
presentable and find out everything you can about the company, the person
you will meet, and the job you are being considered for. If you do get the
job, and I hope you do, say a little thanks on Sunday and put a couple of
extra bucks in the offering plate. And take the family out to dinner and
celebrate!

I hope that you find what you are looking for. It may not be this job, but
opportunities abound.

Gary Dunn
Honolulu
MP110, MP2100