Re: [NTLK] Compatible Jabber Servers ?

From: Wesley Frazier <wes.frazier_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun Oct 01 2006 - 12:53:44 EDT

Well I had logged in before, under the "Psi" resource on my desktop
and manually approved my contacts, so I logged in once more in Psi
using the "newton' resource.. my contacts did not seem to be
petitioning to be re-added.

Then Newton IM refused to log in at all citing an authentication
error. (Unlike yesterday when I could log in, but my contacts would
not populate) I noticed that the password field kept getting
corrupted and every-time I went to edit it, it would become the same
value as my username. I changed my password on the jabber server to
match my username, and tried the same values for both, but the
authentication error persists.

I am using jabberworld.org , I believe it supports plaintext logins.
Psi can log into it, without SSL, and "allow plaintext passwords"
checked.