Re: [NTLK] Unlikely eBay UK price for Newton 2100

From: Jack Skoda <jskoda_at_mac.com>
Date: Mon Oct 02 2006 - 07:58:36 EDT

On Sep 30, 2006, at 21:42, Martin Joseph wrote:

> That does seem very odd, since the seller actually has 100% positive
> and many transactions as well...

I have heard of a set of scripts that will post items for sale as one
user and then bid on them as another until the auction is over, then
post glowing feedback. If you lets these ugly little warts of code
run for a few months, you get an account with many transactions and
100% feedback.

I'm getting into the habit of asking the seller a question for items
that I'm serious about bidding on. At least then I know if I'm
getting scammed, the scammer is a spot on perl programmer ;-)

--J