[NTLK] Contemplating an eMate

From: Aaron Eiche <aaron.eiche_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon Oct 09 2006 - 18:09:27 EDT

Hi there,
   I used to be a member of this list several years back, but I had to sell
my Newton 2100 because I had other things I needed to do. Now, after all
these years, I'm contemplating an eMate. Mostly because of the upcoming
National Novel Writing Month, but also because they're pretty cheap and I
think it would be fun to have one. The only thing that really holds me back
is the reality of the cost. I see them for around $50 shipped on eBay, but
then I'd end up spending another $50ish to be able to connect the thing to
my computer. I really just want a way to move text files back and forth.
It's been so long that I don't really remember how it all handles (but I
seem to recall that Newton files weren't your average files)

So a quick question, is there anyone here from/around Utah that could lend a
card loaded with the goodies (wireless/ethernet drivers, apps, etc?) so I
can avoid the whole dongle/USB adaptor business?
Is what I'm saying making any sense?

thanks
-Aaron E.