Re: [NTLK] Sync Newton using Sheepshaver

From: Alex Santos <izabella.misiewiczsantos_at_neostrada.pl>
Date: Wed Oct 11 2006 - 17:07:17 EDT

On Oct 11, 2006, at 1:59 PM, Abraham Limpo Martínez wrote:

> IIRC, all macs ditched their serial ports long ago.

Yes I have no serial ports, but I do have a keyspan serial adapter.
Why wouldn't that work?

> Be aware that not
> all applications recognice or work correctly with serial emulators,
> specially applications that require complete control.
>
> If this is your case, and you have a LAN adapter for your newton, it
> would be easier to connect your newton via appletalk.

I will install the LAN Software on the Newton today or in the next
few days as I recently brain wiped my Newton intentionally a couple
of weeks ago. I will try again and report back.

> I suggest you install a network browser in your emulator, and tweak
> the
> network configuration until you can connect to the internet.

Well the download I made of Mac OS 7.5.5 came with a browser called
iCab but when I launch it I get the following error displayed in the
browser window: "The iCab-Preview is expired. Please get the latest
version of iCab from the iCab download page." The last three words;
iCab download page, is actually a link but when I click it nothing
happens.

For some reason, probably an ill configured control panel on the Mac
OS 7.6 side, I am unable to reach my OSX machine and am sort of stuck
on island, I can't get to the outside world from BasiliskII and I
don't know how to properly configure the control panels on Mac OS
7.6, well I'm assuming it's a control panel at fault…any insight?