Re: [NTLK] Battery heat temp?

From: Woody Smith <woodysmith_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sun Oct 15 2006 - 19:15:07 EDT

When you use a battery tray there is thermister present and no
connection between the contacts. This tells the Newton that a
battery tray is being used and gives a temp reading of 64 degree C.
I assume that this because rising temperature in the battery pack
results in increased resistance across the thermister.

You can't measure the temp of the batteries without a thermometer.

Woody