Re: [NTLK] OT FS

From: Alex Perez <aperez_at_alexperez.com>
Date: Wed Oct 18 2006 - 19:33:26 EDT

knowtree@aloha.com wrote:
>> What kind of link it is?
>> I cannot open it on my Mac with either Safari or Firefox.
>>
>> Le 06-10-18 à 07:51, Stechele, Jason A Mr MCAHC Ft Eustis a écrit :
>>
>>> http://www.enetcominc.com/apple/appletechstep.mht
>>
>> --
>> This is the NewtonTalk list - http://www.newtontalk.net/ for all inquiries
>> Official Newton FAQ: http://www.chuma.org/newton/faq/
>> WikiWikiNewt for all kinds of articles: http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/
>
> It's a non-standard for of HTML that is only recognized by Internet Explorer.

Gary, This is only partially correct, as MHTML is a MIME-encoded HTML
file, whereby the images and all CSS/etc are encoded into a single
multi-part MIME file. Opera 9.0 can save MHTML files natively, and any
Firefox/Mozilla-based browser can interpret these files with a smiple
extension, available at http://maf.mozdev.org/ The file format is
dead-simple.

For more info, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MHTML

> Gary Dunn
> Honolulu
> MP110, MP2100

I'm going to be in Honolulu starting tomorrow afternoon, for pleasure,
for just under a week. Perhaps we can grab dinner or a beer. Contact me
off-list if you're interested.