Re: [NTLK] install multiple pkgs?

From: Marcus Hammerschmitt <Marcus.Hammerschmitt_at_t-online.de>
Date: Thu Oct 19 2006 - 14:27:49 EDT

At 18:21 19.10.2006, you wrote:

> Baskilisk (?) (Mac Emu) and Package Buddy?

Basilisk, Ethernet, NCU is what I'm using since last year
now. At first I got it wrong, but only because I lacked the
appropriate cable:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=newtontalk&m=111719528018130&w=2

You got to use the "crossover" kind, if you're going straight from the
card in the Newton to your PCs network plug(s). My dated XP-box sports
two network adapaters, so I can simultaneously use wired DSL and
download multiple pkgs onto my Newton, all the time. There is unfortunately
a catch, apart from getting the whole zoo to work:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=newtontalk&m=113823416616696&w=2

Seemingly batch transfers/downloads end at 900K per pkg.

Somebody's working on a native solution for XP though, forgot his name.

Best,

Marcus

http://www.cityinfonetz.de/homepages/hammerschmitt/high.html
http://www.flickr.com/photos/concord/